During the summer, the hot spot is always somewhere near the water. It’s an incredibly relaxing place to be, and a good beach-side spot is like a mini vacation all on its own! Here are some reasons why guests love to soak in the sun at Wekiva Falls.
1. Being beach-side is the ultimate relaxation zone. When you pull up to the water, it’s only natural to want to unplug from the monotonous daily routine, rub on some suntan lotion, and let the stress melt away.
2. You’ll love the fresh air. Taking a moment to breathe in some fresh air will help clear your mind of any worries. Spending time outdoors is calming and boosts your mood.
3. Vitamin D. Sunshine is essential for our health and wellbeing. You can get our daily dose of Vitamin D directly through our skin by spending some time in the sun. Just make sure to rub on plenty of sunblock.
4. Sunshine relieves stress. Both the sun and the sound of water has an intoxicating effect on your body. Water has many therapeutic qualities so a short swim in our sparkling waters can relax your joints and your mind. The tranquil sound of the waves splashing gently against the shore can be extremely healing for your mind, body, and soul.
5. The beach gets us moving. We can spend some time exercising by taking a swim in the sea or a walk along the beach.
6. You will enjoy your surroundings. The views are so soothing and peaceful.
7. The natural spring is the best free “spa” in central Florida! Take full advantage of the sand’s rejuvenating qualities – sand is a natural exfoliate, that can remove dead skin cells, leaving your skin feeling softer. Take a walk along the beach and feel the sand between your toes or gently rub some sand in circular motions on your skin. The sun is detoxifying – it opens up our pores, and the sea’s salty water pulls out toxins.
8. You can spend some time alone. Plug in your music or read a book you’ve been meaning to get to. Unplug from the world around you and enjoy some downtime
9. You will create amazing memories. You can spend time with loved ones, play on the beach, be silly and enjoy the sunshine. Be sure to take lots of photographs.
10. The beach at Wekiva Falls is the best escape! No matter what you’re feeling, a trip to Wekiva Falls will improve your mood.